Monday, November 26, 2007

Question Two

Esperanza experienced many changes as a young girl. She lost her father and had to adapt to a new life. Do you think these changes are similar to young girls today?

3 comments:

Erin A. said...

A lot of young children to day have to deal with losing their parent or parents. It is very hard and I feel when this happens the young persons life changes in many way. In the world today, many people are adapting to new changes because of this reason. In Africa, children lose their parents because of diseases and are forced to change their life style. Like Esperanza these children have to find a different way of life.

Kristen A. said...

Yes, I think that these changes are aften found in the life of young girls. Esperanza lost her father at an early age and today many girls loose their fathers or their dad is not a part of their life do to divorce. I think that many girls can relate to Esperanza's pain with the absence of her father.

Melodie C said...

Yes, I think what Esperanza went through is very similar to what many young girls go through everyday. Either a mother or a father dieing leaves the children of the family with more responsibility and having to cope with the fact that the person they loved and cared for is no longer there. It's almost like starting over again, not in a physical sense so much but more so mentally and emotionally. Which is part of what Esperanza went through.