In this novel, we come to understand how hard the immigrants from Mexico work. They work long hours in the fields and receive very little pay for their labors. Do you think that this is fair? What do you think about equal pay and equal work to legal or illegal immigrants?
3 comments:
I do not think this types of conditions are fair. They are working equal hours and get taken advantage of.I don't think they deserve equal pay to others (others went to school) but I do feel they desire a right amount of pay.
I, personally, do not think this is fair. They come from other countries and work very hard at jobs that no one else wants to do. Just think, if they were not here doing the work, would it even get done? True, some of them may not be American citizens but it don't think that should determine the amount of money they're paid. If they're working hard at their job and doing it right they should be paid just as much as someone else who is an American citizen would be paid.
Hi girls! I haven't read the book, but this is a good question. I think it's deplorable that immigrant laborers are taken advantage of in this way -- the "bosses" know that they can threaten deportation or firing their workers if they complain about low wages or unsafe working conditions. I'll have to read the book to find out more!
Post a Comment